6 Different Types Of Sausages From Around The World
Sausages are one of the most versatile foods found in almost every cuisine in the world. It is unlikely to find a person who doesn’t like even one type of sausage from numerous available varieties. Over the years, sausages have developed from being just a meat dish to becoming one of the staple dishes; of breakfast in various parts of the world.
Based on the meat type, additional ingredients, style of cooking, and marination procedures, sausages are; divided into many different types. If we classify sausages based on their cooking styles, then; we have boiled, raw and smoked varieties. You can find a variety of sausage Singapore at your nearest supermarkets or meat shops, but if you’re unsure about which type to choose? We’ll make it easier for you. Keep reading the article; to know more about the different types of sausages.
Here are six different types of sausages from around the world see if you can spot your favorite one on the list!
- Bratwurst Sausage: You guessed it right! Bratwurst sausage originated in Germany, and consists of finely chopped meat which is typically; roasted. There are different varieties of Bratwurst Pork Sausage, which can be; incorporated into several dishes. In Germany, particularly in Franconia, this is a widely consumed sausage variety that forms; an essential ingredient for many German delicacies.
- Butifarra Sausage: This Spanish variety of sausage dates back to the recipes from the Roman Empire. Butifarra sausage is; considered one of the varieties that sticks to the original sausage recipe. It is; made by infusing different spices into raw pork. It also has a premium version that uses boiled pork and blood and is known as Black Butifarra Sausage, and is; consumed on special occasions.
- Korubuta Sausage: Let us now explore the Asian varieties of sausage. The Korubuta Sausage hails from Japan and is; made with pork obtained from the Japanese Kagoshima Berkshire pigs. The Berkshire pigs from England, were imported by the Japanese in the 1860s, and a new breed of pigs was; developed from them.
- Andouille Sausage: This sausage originated in France and is made by slowly smoking the sausages from the smoke from burning aromatic woods. The smoke slowly cooks the sausage and makes it a delicate dish. There are two forms of smoked sausages available; cooked and uncooked. You can enjoy Andouille sausage by grilling them or incorporating it into dishes.
- Kielbasa Sausage: The Kielbasa sausage is a Polish dish that is a form of smoked sausage. It is a staple food in Poland and is; enjoyed as a part of many Polish delicacies. Kielbasa typically refers to a cylindrical shape of the sausage that is slowly cooked by smoking the sausage. It can be; made from a variety of meats such as pork, chicken, veal, etc.
- Chinese Sausage: As the name suggests, this type of sausage; originated in China. The South Asian robust flavors are; uniquely expressed in this sausage type. It can be, made from; pork, beef, chicken, pork liver, etc. You can find Chinese Sausage Singapore at the nearest meat shops and several online meat manufacturers and distributors.
If you’re an avid lover of sausage in Singapore, then F&G Foods brings you the best Chinese sausage in Singapore that you can order online with a click!